Wednesday 6 November 2013

Trying Out Typography

Recently I have been having a go at some typographic designs spurred on by some competition briefs that I have entered. The first one was the Tigerprint Christmas type submission. Although I didn't make the shortlist I really liked what I did. I used a combination of collage and hand drawn letters and then scanned them into Photoshop to add colour.





The next brief I had a go at was the Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design mini challenge for alumni. I am just about to do Module 3 which I am so excited about. Since taking Module 1 and 2 I have come so far. It's such a fantastic course and so supportive. I never believed I would be able to have a second chance at this career after leaving it behind in the mid 90s, so I designed from the heart. I wanted to create something short but meaningful. Here's what I came up with...
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment