Friday 15 November 2013

Reality Bites

So it's been a little while since I posted but I have been very busy. The title of this post is "Reality Bites" because that it how it is at the moment- I had to earn some money! I left my teaching career in August and threw myself into the world of surface pattern and since then I feel as though I have achieved loads. The simple truth is though, however much I love what I am doing it is not paying me much money at the moment. The very little I do make I reinvest to buy more things to make and design. Therefore I had to look towards my recent experience and sign up to an agency to get some work. This week I have been in a primary school. This is not my usual teaching setting as I am a secondary school teacher. It's been hard and I'm itching to get back to designing every day. The good thing is that the days are quite short so there is time later in the day to flex my creative side. The other thing I have had to juggle is the fact that I have started Module 3 of the ABSPD course "Monetising your Designs" (quite timely I think!) but I already feel that I am behind. You can't win in this game...

I have also been trying to add more items to my online shops and took the plunge by getting some items professionally printed. First are some Christmas cards I have put in my Folksy shop

 Next I decided to create some handbag mirrors with my designs. I am really pleased with these and I decided to try selling these on a newly created online shop Giggling Hedgehogs. In their own words,
"Giggling Hedgehogs is an online marketplace that brings buyers and sellers of unique products and services together. It’s where you go to buy gorgeous things that are a little different, quirky and most certainly beautiful." Here is the link to my brand new store where you can buy my little mirrors for £3.50 each.
Giggling Hedgehogs




No comments:

Post a Comment