Tuesday 17 September 2013

Words of Wisdom

Dreaming on a Star
I was doing a spot of pondering yesterday as there are a lot of big changes around the corner for me. I have already Blogged about this huge step I am taking, giving up a career in teaching to pursue my great love of Surface Design. I am full of enthusiasm and ideas but have a lot of self doubt (I think all artists do!). As these thought crossed through my mind what should pop up on Twitter but this great poster. How true this is! Doubt can be such a destructive force. I would rather say that I had tried my dream and failed than had never tried at all because I doubted myself. These words of wisdom came from a very talented designer called Tina Devins (Dreaming on a Star). Please click on the link above and visit her website as it is full of lovely designs and illustrations. Her work always makes me smile!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsay, thank you for posting about my picture. I'm delighted it inspired you. The words aren't mine unfortunately, don't know who the author is, I just illustrated it.
    It looks like ALL artists doubt themselves. I came across this quote on Pinterest by Francis Ford Coppola "I don't think there's an artist of any value who doesn't doubt what they're doing".

    ReplyDelete