Wednesday 28 August 2013

Top Ten!

http://thedreamstress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Christian-Diors-New-Look-1947.jpgAs I mentioned a couple of days ago I had the best homecoming ever when I found that I had snuck into the top ten of last weeks Spoonflower design contest. The theme was "Fashion". I absolutely adore the 1940s and 1950s and am especially interested in how designers can completely change trends. One of my favourite examples is Dior and his "New Look" that was introduced in 1947. It is so sophisticated and elegant, influencing fashion throughout the 1950s. I decided to take elements of this look and create a design around them. I so was pleased to get so many positive comments about my design. I hand drew the elements but also collaged with scanned in fabric texture and a vintage tape measure.
Here is a picture of one section showing my use of different layers. This is how it looks printed. I am so chuffed about how it looks in repeat. It is now for sale in my Spoonflower shop:

"A New Look " fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment