Tuesday 22 October 2013

Competition Crazy!

There seems to be so many design competitions around at the moment! At this stage in my new career direction I am quite philosophical about it. It's good practice, working to a brief and sometimes a restricted colour palette, and you can get some good exposure. The rewards are not always so great and terms are not often on a par with professional designers but you have to start somewhere! There is ferocious competition from other contestants as there are lots of immensely talented people out there all trying to do the same thing. This could deter you but I am really trying to tell myself that my ideas and designs are good, they deserve to be there and someone has to win. The thing that keeps me going is that thinking that one day (possibly, maybe) it could be me...

Here is some of what I've been working on: Cushions for the Ohh Deer design competition. These are available during the competition.

I also had a go at the Homebase design a wallpaper competition (On Facebook) and entered a range of ideas based upon their Anthology theme, here is one idea below.


Finally for now I have had a go at Front Row Society's "Illustrated Dreams" jumper competition. This is another Facebook vote. Lately I have been drawing lots of foxes, hares and rabbits and used this idea to create "Artic Fox Dreaming"

And what am I going to do today? Have a go at another Tigerprint Competition! Here I go again...






No comments:

Post a Comment