Thursday 25 September 2014

Some Good News!

This week I was really happy to find out I had been chosen as runner-up in a fabric design competition!  Back in May, Sewing World Magazine asked for designs based upon the theme of sewing. This sounded right up my street so I decided to enter. This competition was being judged by a panel and not based on popularity votes so I thought it sounded ideal. You can imagine how thrilled I was when I found out I was runner-up. My prize is to have my fabric printed by Woven Monkey. I was also pleased that the winner (Suzanne Washington) and another runner-up (Wendy Flynn) are design friends of mine. Anyway, here is the magazine article showing my design.



And here is my original design which was based around The "New Look" of the early 1950s








2 comments:

  1. First of all congratulations to you. Your fabric design is awesome. Design is looking different and I would surely use this design in my next custom fabric printing project.You truly deserved to be winner. keep going good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome things...
    Thank you for sharing the information...

    ReplyDelete